Así soy

Friday, August 20, 2010

Doh!

I am still wearing professional face
I am still wearing Professional Face
So today I learned exactly how gingerbread dough feels when it is flattened into shape under a rolling pin.

Paul wanted me to get on my side and grind my quads into a hard foam roller the size of a shoe box. This proved difficult because of the strain on my shoulder.

So he hopped up (he really does spring to his feet) and returned with a short, heavy wooden pole. He slapped it into his palm several times, and said, "ok, we'll just have to roll 'em out."

I realized immediately that it might have been better to endure tearing shoulder pain. I mumbled something about trying the foam roller again, but he had already grabbed one quad, flipping me on my side.

Sure enough, he rolled that wooden thing up and down my legs, flattening out the kinks and cramps. I could feel my flesh crushing under the hard wood. I'd like to say I was stoic but I was actually reduced to scraping the floor with my fingernails to keep from grabbing that roller away from him.

Of course, I felt a wee bit of satisfaction at finally seeing the sheen of sweat on his face when he got up. Baking is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment