Así soy

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Loser (warning : it's just so not funny)

Loser Alert
Loser Alert: Making the Sucktacular Decision
So describing the latest workout is irrelevant in the face of the momentously stupid decision I made to try to lift more weight than I felt confident with.  Each set felt a little harder, and I ignored a rising anxiety about the tension in my wiggly low back.

I think you can see where this is going. 

So when the electric pain shot up & down my spine and down my right leg, I shouted, F***!  F***! F***! adding serious social embarrassment to everything else I experienced. Note: for once I dropped the weights correctly: I just let go.  I hope Paul noticed.

Anyway, those shouts break down as follows:
1st:   I am in a F***load of pain
2nd:  I am so F****ING stupid
3rd:  I F***ING just blew a weekend of serious dancing, including the Carnival of Stars for which we'd been rehearsing for several months and 3 bookings ($$$.)  And probably no dancing for the next week or so.

Poor Paul iced my back for like 20 minutes which helped numb my pretty stunned back muscles; but it didn't stop the lightening striking down my back & leg.  I then became a deadly menace to society by driving home, which involved a lot of lip-biting.
Where are the painkillers?!
In Painkiller Search mode (notice urbanwear)
I spent the day lying and crying on the floor, packed with ice and sucking back any pain drugs I could find regardless of interaction, ulcer or expiration date (and this morning I am still crawling through the cabinets seeking drugs like a web bot scuttering the internet. 

Bottom line: Crikey, is it possible that I'm too weeny for a manly gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment