Así soy

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Field Trip 3 : Dagobah

Kelly probably weighs more than Yoda
Kelly probably weighs more than Yoda
And now,  Kelly vs. the Shoulder!,  the highly anticipated wrestling match in which Kelly heroically wretches my arm free of the deadly clutches of Darth Shoulder.

So as Kelly took a grip on my arm, I braced myself for the fight. 

Me:  I won't fail you. I'm not afraid.

Kelly:  You will be. You... will... be.

I entered the cave to face Darth Shoulder where we struggled for a while.  And, in a moment of great frustration, I mentally slew (slayed?) Darth Shoulder. 
Of course, the helmet vaporized, and, in a classic Spielberg denouement, whom did I see in the helmet but my own weeny-ass self.
Crikey!  Am I trying to kick my own ass?
Crikey!  Am I trying to kick my own ass?

It isn't Kelly vs. the Shoulder and it isn't even the Shoulder vs. Myself.  In fact, there isn't really a conflict at all.  Just me letting go of guarding.  And Kelly getting the shoulder moving again.

It's a good thing I realized this early on into our session because despite my best intentions to suck it up and let him work it free, I was dangerously close to seriously biting Kelly's forearm.

"Don't go into the Pain Cave, " he advised.

I had been staring intently at his tattoos to distract myself from savaging his arm with my teeth.  I now blinked and mentally re-assessed where I was.  Nope, I was not in a Pain Cave.

I was in a fully-furnished, beach front, ocean-view Pain Condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment