Así soy

Friday, June 25, 2010

Barbie goes to Ken's gym

I know it will be hard to picture, but I used to be a pretty hardy equestrian in that lanky, scrawny sort of way.


real photo of me and Alicia at UCSB getting daily venti coffee
real photo of me and Alicia at UCSB getting daily venti coffee
Grad school sucked away a fair amount of lean body tissue, replacing it with caffeine and other venti lattee derivatives. Recovery from two sets of Grad school included yoga where I discovered that over 20 years of horseback riding resulted in my hamstrings having the flexibility God gave enamel, and belly dancing.

Life, in some PMS mood, slid a car accident into my music mix. This was new: feeling helpless and weak. The bleeding ulcer triggered by the meds made me feel helpless, weak, bitterly hungry, and half-crazed as a result of the decaffeination process. Did you know that when doctors ask how many cups of coffee you drink in a day, they are talking about measuring cups?

The belly dancing helped with mobility and basic happiness.   Physical therapy improved and restored my limberness. Green tea (4 cups mild) replaced coffee. I still get teary over the smell of French Roast in the morning.  And most sugar is a happy memory.  BTW prior to car accident I did fulfill a childhood dream of buying $20 of varied loose candy from a candy store and eating it all in one sitting.

But I missed feeling strong: you know, that happy innocence of lifting a saddle onto your horse's back without thinking about your neck or your shoulders. And then my left shoulder just started down the painful path that the right shoulder had already traveled.
seriously found this on a persoanl trainer website.  Who am I to argue?
seriously found this on a personal trainer website.  Who am I to argue?


So I decided to try out a trainer at a relatively nearby gym.

Will a super manly Personal Trainer work for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment