Así soy

Friday, June 25, 2010

Converging on Voluptua

Ok, maybe the title doesn't really go with what I planned to say (introducing the new blog for the year) but the cool chicks at my Pilates/PT class suggested this as a book title and I liked it.

This 2010 blog is really about a new adventure I plan to go on.  So more on that in the next post.

But back to this post title,
Voluptua

Aziza told me in a class once that the soft slight belly curve women have around the belly button is our voluptua. I fell in love with the word. It encompasses everything I love about belly dancing. It implies something soft and powerful and intriguing. It's intrinsically feminine and sensuous. Even saying it is an experience: Pronouncing the Vo makes you bite your lip and breathe out, the lu makes your tongue caress the back of the teeth, the p and tua end the word with a kiss and a sigh.

BTW other words I am in love with include: hirsuit, gazebo, spatula, and mukluk.

No comments:

Post a Comment