Así soy

Friday, June 25, 2010

The "That's what I'm talking about!" addiction

Ok, I have an exclamatory vocabulary (everything has exclamation marks!) because for me the world is full of amazing experiences and texture. As a participant (or observer,) I react exclamatorily-ly (whatever the adverb is for that.)

Paul (at the gym), on the other hand, has a descriptive vocabulary.

Our conversations are sort of like this:

Paul: More
Me : ok!
Paul: Deeper
Me : uh, ok!!
Paul : harder
Me : what!!!
Paul : faster
Me : arrgh!!!!
Paul : tighter
Me : (exclamatory grimace!!!!!)
Paul : higher
Me : (moves eyebrows in exclamatory manner!!!!!!!)
Paul : lower
Me : (exclamatory lip-quiver!!!!!!!!)
Paul : That's what I'm talking about!
Me : (savors momentary satori-nirvana ecstasy for reaching goal at a satisfactory level while struggling to recover feeling in legs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment