Así soy

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day one: Belly Dancer meets Trainer

So I admit I stalled on setting up the appointment, second-guessing myself and remembering other training incidents.

To meet with this trainer, I had to enter the workout area through a back parking lot. Several people were busy with walking lunges down the length of the parking lot. I could see free weights (that individually weighed more than I do even after breakfast) and bars and dangling equipment that might look at home in Sadam's "debriefing facility." There was the chilling clang of metal stuff hitting other metal stuff.

no shimmies here
no shimmies here
Coming out of the estrogen-dominant belly dancing workshops & classes, I found the testosterone levels disorienting. The predominant subliminal message I caught immediately was "This is a No Wiggle Zone."  Every muscle in my body snapped to attention, interrupting their Hearts game or whatever it is they do when I'm not paying attention.

I warily went into the office (avoiding stepping on or colliding with strong-looking people doing muscular strong-looking activities.)

And I met the trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment