Así soy

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lethal Weapon 3

"Check this out," Kelly points to his face where he is finely controlling and manipulating a particularly excellent facial tic.

"Can you wiggle your ears?" I ask, wiggling my ears.

He wiggles his ears and then his nose, "Yes, and my nose."

"I can touch my tongue to my nose," I counter, touching my tongue to my nose.

"I can roll my tongue," he arches an eyebrow. "And arch my right eyebrow."

"Me too, except it is my left eyebrow," I say, arching my left eyebrow.  "And I can do upper and lower stomach flutters," I point at my torso, demonstrating this.

He says, "Ok, check this out!"  He makes several fast arm movements that result in a loud snapping sound reminiscent of the crack of a whip.

I pause, puzzled.  Is he snapping his fingers? "How did you do that?"

He demonstrates it again several times and then shows me the red marks on his arm where he is making contact with his side.  Somehow he is making that sound with his arm!

And as I stand there wondering what I else I can show him that I can do and is there any way to make it somehow involve noise,
I have this Beta moment in which it occurs to me that we are re-enacting a body-trick version of the movie scene in which Mel Gibson and Rene Russo compare their multiple bullet/knife/taser scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment