Así soy

Monday, July 19, 2010

Night sweats

...if I can just stop waking up at 3am in sweaty anxiety about what Paul will ask me to do this morning, and if it will hurt...

I totally lifted the Barbie bar with a couple of weights on it in a new position. I was pretty thrilled I could get my arms under the bar in the right position.  I'm sure that is one of the last things anyone else considers an achievement, but it means my shoulder is letting go - even just a little.  I couldn't do it before.

I know today's effort was more about form rather than heaving a gruesome (but impressive) weight.  But I'm getting the hang of the squat position (of course, this does totally depend on whether you ask me or Paul.) 

Besides the challenge is the Standing Up From the Squat part.   Paul noted that I shouldn't think about going down into the squat.  Instead I should be already thinking about pushing up before I even start the squat.  I think it is supposed to be a bounce. I'll have to try that next time (and hope that my ankles don't implode.)

I am a member of the otter family
I did a lot of other stretchy arm things and lunges.  I like lunges.  There is a deliberation to lunges that makes me feel safer - like I have time to get the form right. I can work on tightening my limber back.
I am obviously not a member of the primate family.
I am clearly a descendant of an otter.

No comments:

Post a Comment