Así soy

Friday, July 9, 2010

Wet Work

So I was sweating in the gym.

Not that I don't normally glow. But I haven't flung sweat out of my hair since horseback riding in North Carolina: I'd slide down my horse's side and unhook and peel off my cap, blowing the sweat off my nose, wiping it out of my eyes and futilely swabbing my wet shirt over my equally slimy wet face. My hair looked as though (seriously) I had hosed it down.

But after repeatedly lifting a giant hacky sack from a gorilla squat (technical term), I noticed a few rivulets running down the sides of my face and that my t-shirt was damp. These rivulets increased when I shoved large metal table equipment across the parking lot and rowed 1,000 meters. -BTW I think that there should be some sort of screen to indicate what would be happening were I actually in a boat on water. Are my efforts enough so that my boat would really be moving?

Anyway, this perspiring is pretty good considering I'm in California where the dry air sucks the water out of me before I even finish drinking it. A couple of times I've stood in the rain here (lightweight drizzly stuff,) thinking, holy cow, how is it possible that I can feel no humidity, just dry air, while it is raining??

Compare that to North Carolina where you can actually see the white mist from the humidity entering your car through the AC vents. I didn't drink that much water in NC since breathing alone kept me hydrated.

But I digress.

Anyway, even my sweat muscles are working out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment